Today was our fifth wedding anniversary. I told Ted that the ONLY thing I wanted was to have the whole day planned without my help. Ted did an amazing job, and we had a ton of fun! We started out with some pumpkin scones with berry butter (I wanted to try the recipe - it was a HIT!). Then, when Madeleine woke up from her morning nap, we headed out the door for the day. We have this amazing pumpkin patch about 15 minutes from our house. It's $8 to get in and do everything (corn maze, slides, wagon ride, pumpkin patch, etc), and we were there for over two and a half hours and still didn't see everything! Also, it's so massive that it doesn't seem crowded, even though there were a ton of people there. After the pumpkin patch, we headed to Chester's for dinner, and then stopped by Hy-Vee to pick up a mini-clone of our wedding cake to enjoy at home. It's been a lovey, relaxed day - and I didn't have to plan any of it. Best.Gift.EVER!
Love you Ted - thanks for five happy years! I look forward to what the future holds.
As a side note - I also wanted to mention that Madeleine has really, really taken to walking the last week! She's been slowly getting the hold of it for a couple of weeks, but now she's really walking more than crawling. It is SO CUTE!
Here are some pictures (ok, lots of pictures) from the patch today. I took over 200 - it might be a new record for me.
((Note - I don't know what's going on here, but this pic cracks me up! Ted thinks she's squinting into the sun.))
DD doing her drunken "new walker" walk
Saturday, September 27, 2008
9-27-08 What a great anniversary!
Posted by Cara at Saturday, September 27, 2008
