CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

12-6-09 Oh, Christmas Tree!!

We had a lovely family day picking out our Christmas tree yesterday!! Madeleine felt that her blankie would be helpful in the decision making process.



"Blankie, I think these trees are just our size. What do you think?"

We all decided on something a little bigger. It's about a 6.5' Scotch pine - and it's perfect!

After Mommy and Daddy got the tree up and lights on, Madeleine came out to help with the ornaments. This pretty star is from the trip Mommy took with Amma and Appa to visit Aunt Stacy in Germany!


Madeleine, in true Amma/Mommy style, likes the shiny ones.

These cute bells are from Sarah and Jim - I giggle every year when I put them up on the same hook - facing off.

Daddy was very patient with Madeleine and acted as a consultant for her.

After the tree was trimmed, it was story time with Baby.

"See, Baby, Mommy, Amma and I like the shiny ones."


Then it was time to sit pretty under the nativity scene.

"Let's see here... cow (check), baby Jesus (check), sheep (check)... giant bear with a pink t-shirt (CHECK!)"

Then it was time to start the fun of taking ornaments OFF the tree.

And at our house, the three wise men aren't the only ones who travel. I have a feeling that we're going to see a lot of this type of thing throughout the holiday season.

Happy Holidays, everyone! We hope the Christmas Spirit grabs tight and you have a wonderful holiday season :)