Memorial Day weekend 2012 started with a fizzle... I had a sore throat on Friday, and then slept poorly that night and headed into Mayo Express care first thing Saturday morning. The nurse practitioner took one look in my mouth and immediately prescribed antibiotics for what she was certain was strep throat. I'm glad I didn't try to tough out the sickies, because after following her advice of taking ibuprofen, keeping well hydrated and getting plenty of rest, I woke up Sunday feeling MUCH better and ready for my first HALF MARATHON! My running partner Bobbi Jo and I had been training for months for this race, and I wasn't going to miss it. Even with the "less than favorable" health and weather conditions. It was hot and humid, but BJ and I made our way 13.1 miles just by foot power! I kept thinking that if someone dropped me off 13 miles from my destination and told me to get home on my own, I'd be mad - but somehow it was more palatable if I signed myself up for it and paid someone to do it (?). Yeah.
Anyway, I took it easy, walked quite a bit, but finished in less than 3 hours The official results aren't up yet, but I think it was something like 2:48. Ted and the girls came to cheer us on, and here are some pictures.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Memorial Day Weekend
Our shirts say "If found on ground, please return to finish line"
Post race celebration!
Cuties BBQing. My two are in the tutus, and the other little girls are Bobbi Jo's.
Yesterday was Memorial Day. After waking up and sending a prayer of thanks for all the soldiers who have served and continue to serve, I packed the girls up for a whirlwind trip to Sun Prairie to surprise Amma and Appa! They had invited us to their BBQ, but didn't think we'd come :) We stopped at Carter's and got appropriate outfits and then enjoyed the day with the grands, including a wagon ride to the park! We got home late last night, and are excited about the short work week ahead of us! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Posted by Cara at Tuesday, May 29, 2012




