CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 30, 2012

11/30/12 holiday photos

It's holiday time!! I had the girls to myself one night while Ted had a meeting, so I dressed them up and took holiday pictures :)






Ted and I needed a picture for our card, too - so we got a little less elaborate set up, but still nice :)
Today a box of goodies arrived!!! I started a new job last Wednesday as an Education Specialist for the department of learning and development at Mayo Medical Laboratories. My coworkers in Critical Care gave me a lovely and generous gift card and I splurged on my little "hobby" and bought a fancy off-camera flash, book on how to use said flash, lack muslin background, clips for the muslin and a couple other small accessories. It was a ton of fun shopping and playing with my new toys!
Here is some play time with the black muslin.

And last, but certainly not least, I can ONLY imagine how this conversation went. Probably something like, "Julia, do you want a crown?!" ... "YES!"  ... "OK, hold still!" Ted and I were laughing so hard we could barely talk. And isn't it a fetching crown? No harm done here. Unlike the portion of wall I have to repaint because there were a couple of practice crowns drawn. :/  Ah, well. Such is the life with young children.