CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8-21-07 The princess sleeps...

I have to admit, she's not sleeping in this particular dress right now, she's in a pink onesie that says, "Does this diaper make my butt look big??" in pink sparkly letters. Courtesy of Godmother Elizabeth :) But the moral of the story is that she is sleeping very peacefully. We did a couple of four hour blocks last night, which was so nice for mommy! I feel very fortunate to feel as rested as I do. She's pretty easy to please at this point, as long as we keep her full and dry!

She's getting cuter every day, and her eyes have deepened to a dark denim blue. They are so pretty! I know there's no way I could ever capture that in a picture, but I sure enjoy gazing into them. I'm enjoying her immensely, but look forward to when she interacts a little more. I can't wait to hear her laugh and see real smiles.

Everything is going very well here. We've established a sort of feed/nap schedule - every three hours during the day, a little longer stretch at night. I'm also way ahead of her on feedings! I have been able to freeze one or two 3 oz. portions of milk each day for the last several days. I think that we'll have a pretty good supply by the time she goes to day care in October! I hope to keep up the pace.

I miss work, though. It's nice to have a little more controlled/predictable day, and to be anchored by the days of the week. I have to think pretty hard to come up with a day/date these days. I think I would be completely lost if I wasn't labeling the milk bags! My mom says that this is like being retired. Every day is Saturday (except Sunday).