CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

4-9-08 mea culpa

I've heard from my faithful followers that I missed last week. OK, it was actually only one faithful follower, but she did let me know about three times (via e-mail and in person) that she missed the weekly pictorial update. It's going to be a long one today, we had a busy week.
Laur - this one's for you!


Last Wednesday was week 34. Madeleine celebrated it by looking completely adorable and charming. As far as an eating update, she's been diggin' the solids! I've started making baby food recipes (as opposed to single ingredient dishes) and she's been eating up carrot/date mixes, mixed veggies with spinach, squashed apples, carrot/pear/squash mix, et al. I really enjoy making her food, and she really enjoys eating it. It's like a match made in heaven! How lucky are we?



We picked up the Princess early from daycare and started the long trek to Madison to visit my folks and take a day trip to Chicago. While in the car, I FINALLY got a cute picture of Madeleine's TEETH! She's two little baby steps closer to steak :)



On Friday, we dropped off the boys at Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs beat the Brewers. 50% of our party attending the game (Ted) was thrilled that the Cubs pulled out their first victory of the year. My dad - not so much. My mom and I took Madeleine to the Shedd Aquarium. On the way in, we stopped for a real "Chicago Style" hot dog. We wanted to share with the princess, but look at the expression on her face! She doesn't quite know what to think about it. Or she's sleeping. I can't remember. Once inside, we took in a dolphin show and had a great time seeing all the aquatic creatures, especially the otters!



So here we are at Wednesday again, and another weekly photo shoot! As you can see, the ravages of time have done nothing to diminish her cuteness. Her hair has lightened up considerably since we brought her home. Ted was a blondie when he was a baby, so it's not a huge surprise that she's got light hair too. Her eyes are as blue as ever, and her cheeks are doing better. I can't wait for her to outgrow that phase, though! She doesn't suck her thumb or use a pacifier, but she does scratch her forehead when she's tired or upset. I try to keep her nails short, but I can always tell when it's time for a manicure! Poor bear. That's another stage I won't be sad to pass.

So here ends today's entry. Laurie, I hope it was all you could have wished for and more. We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and Friday and hope all things wonderful result from your noon meeting!

Have a lovely week (or two)!