Madeleine has been a super crabby baby the last couple of days, which is just not like her. We just assumed that it was because her fifth tooth is coming in (top, left front) and ready to break through the gums any day now, but apparently there was an underlying infection that's been building for a couple of days. Today her right jaw ballooned up, and was hot and hard and painful (she screamed when I kissed her cheek). I called the Mayo Nurse Line and they said to take her to the ER to be looked at. It turns out that she has an infected lymph node. She's on a course of antibiotics and Children's Motrin. Her mood improved dramatically once the pain killers kicked in. She's talking to the ceiling in her room right now - at almost 10:00 p.m. - with no sign of slowing down for sleep. I'm glad she feels better, and the swelling should go down in 12-24 hours.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008
7-1-08 Happy July, welcome to the ER.
Posted by Cara at Tuesday, July 01, 2008
