CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

12-19-08 Holiday party

Madeleine had a babysitter last night while Ted and I went to an "adults only" holiday party. Linda Mansfield, who I both work with and we go to church with, was eager to play with Madeleine for the night. Her husband Ron is Jewish, and they mentioned that they would be skipping a Hanukkah party to watch Madeleine, so I suggested that (if they wanted to) they could just take her with them. So Madeleine got to go to the party and had a WONDERFUL time dancing to the happy music and playing with dradles. I had no idea that the dradle game is, essentially, polker! I got a lesson too and really enjoyed learning that!

We, of course, had to get an appropriate outfit for her to wear. Our girl has very little blue in her wardrobe that isn't denim, and even fewer outfits that are that middle area between really, really dressy and play clothes. I went to a fancy baby boutique on a lark and was very fortunate in that everything was 40% off the SALE prices! I was thrilled (and really wish I knew if my favorite pregnant lady was having a boy or a girl!!)

Anyway - I got this adorable blue outfit with a bow bedazzled on the front, plus pink hair bows for the princess. Of course, she was NOT interested in posing for pictures. It is far too fun to run around. Linda took the picture of the two of us because the one of her with the dog toys was as good as I could get on my own. :) Of course, she was too cute for words, and charmed all the children and adults at Temple with her dancing, sociability and cuteness! We also had a wonderful time at our party, although we (once again) sucked at Christmas trivia. Seriously, though, do YOU know what street Ralphy lived on? How about Scrooge's sister's name?* Regardless, a good time was had by all. Happy holiday season, everyone! Stay safe and warm this winter watch weekend!




*Answers - "Cleveland Street" and "Fan"