CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

4-16-10

Big girl bed time!! So, Madeleine picked out her bedding today. After we put the kabosh on the Dora bedding, she insisted on this set. Ted and I weren't too enchanted at first, but she kept putting it in the cart - and the more we looked at it, the more we liked it! Then she picked out a set of sheets from the mix/match section - again, not what we would have picked, but our girl has an excellent eye for these things, and I think that it's just adorable!! When I got home, I was glad to see that the comforter set got 5 stars on the website (with 30+ reviews), so I feel like M made a good choice :) Of course, the first order of business after washing everything was to try it out... and notice how "bunny free" the zone was. So we fixed that right up!!

Then we crawled in... decided the bunnies were cold and put them under the covers too. She asked if she could sleep in the bed, and we were thrilled! Yes!! ... until we tried to leave her to go to sleep. She got right out, started her new and exhausting bedtime tantrum and we wound up just closing the door and deciding she could sleep when she was ready. When I checked on her this morning, she was in her toddler bed with no pillow (or bunnies). Poor bear - I'm not sure what went wrong with our bedtime adventure, but she's sure been an unhappy camper at night (and during naps at daycare). We're going to have to work on this - because we can NOT have this battle every.single.night.

I assume that a nightcap of brandy or Robitusson for the toddler is still frowned on? Poo... that's what I thought. Oh well. Enjoy the pictures!