Yesterday I came home to completely finished siding/shutters/lights! We still need to get the window over the sink replaced, and gutters/downspouts will come soon, but for right now, our place looks great!! Today's project started with a trip to Menards to pick up supplies to paint our side door to compliment our new siding. It was SUCH a nice, sunny day that the whole project went really smoothly, and now we have a bright, white door instead of a dingy gray one. Small projects left to do include replacing the mailbox (which no longer closes nicely), getting the gutters/downspouts, window done, painting the front door and doing .... something about the landscaping before Julia arrives.
Speaking our our newest addition - she will be here NO LATER than a month from today!! Yay! I've been having a lot of braxton hicks with Julia, and kind of wonder if she's going to make it until the second week in August. We'll see, though! It did take a little side trip to labor and delivery on Wednesday because I wasn't sure if I was having false labor or actual labor. I figure that since I actually work at the hospital, I'd rather go in and be checked out and be sent home, than not go in and have something bad happen. It turned out to be a nice, hour long rest where we listened to Julia's heart beat, nice and strong, and heard/felt her punch the monitor disk on my stomach every couple of minutes. I also had an ultasound to further make sure all was well, and it confirmed that she's still breech, just like Madeleine. Her head is under my right rib, and her butt is firmly in the birth canal. He's happy as a clam in there, and if we didn't already have a c-section scheduled, then we'd surely be scheduling one now. I'm so looking forward to meeting her! It's going to be hard to be patient for another month :)
Saturday, July 10, 2010
7-10-10 - getting put back together again
Posted by Cara at Saturday, July 10, 2010
