Yesterday was Madeleine's first birthday party, and it was perfect, just PERFECT! The weather was lovely, sunny and about 75 degrees, with a light cooling breeze. We borrowed two tents (THANKS Mirehouses and Larsens!!) and Elizabeth and my mother-in-law Barb decorated them in pink and yellow streamers, along with pink, yellow and green decorations. The food was amazing, I'm so glad I did test runs of everything! My mom was a HUGE help in getting everything done! We made cucumber sandwiches, carrot/cream cheese/raisin sandwiches, scones with lemon curd, strawberry and plain whipped cream, strawberry cupcakes, brownies, and, of course, Madeline cookies! I also made a fun teapot cake decorated with M&Ms and jelly beans - the beans were kind of luminescent in the sunshine. We also had a delicious tea punch that Elizabeth originally made at my baby shower last June. To add some pizaze, my mom made a pretty lemon and lime tea ring. We had neighbors, work friends and church family attend (about 30 in all) and it was lovely. I can't even express how wonderful her first birthday party was. :) Enjoy the pictures!
This one says "Happy 1st Birthday Madeleine - Welcome! Come on back"
Streamers from the deck that danced gently in the wind. The inside of the tea table tent
The outside of the tent (Hi Dad!)
Sunday, August 10, 2008
8-9-08 Madeleine's Birthday party!
Posted by Cara at Sunday, August 10, 2008
