We had fun on Friday - quite unexpectedly! We were watching the evening news and they did a story on Pine Island's Cheese Fest. Ted and I thought, "we like cheese" and headed out the door :) We took a spin on the carousel, walked up and down the midway and then let Madeleine take control of the stroller. She's such a good girl - she led us right to the American Legion Beer Garden! We had fun with some locals, Ted enjoyed some cold brews, and Madeleine enjoyed having an open area where she could try on my sunglasses and perfect her stroller steering skills. That will come in handy in August! ... or be a huge mess - I guess we'll find out soon enough.
On Saturday, Madeleine decided she wanted LOTS of pony tails - so after I did two pony tails, she brought me some more elastics, so I braided her piggies and we went on our merry way to Whistle Binkies for lunch - and to watch the US/England World Cup soccer match (which ended in a 1-1 tie). Today (Sunday) we're having a slow morning. Ted is at church right now ... Madeleine and I are having a little more relaxed morning. This afternoon we're taking pictures at the Mac Attack run/walk - it's a fund raiser for the Ronald McDonald house. A friend of mine is organizing things, and asked that I come and capture the event. Should be fun!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
6-12-10 weekend
Posted by Cara at Sunday, June 13, 2010
