When I was growing up, we took a picture on the first day of school every year by a tree in front of our house. Through the years, it was fun to see how we all grew -- including the tree.
Madeleine starts school on Thursday, and I wanted to continue the tradition with a new generation, so today we planted our own tree. It is an autumn blaze maple, and I look forward to pictures for many years to come!
Picking the spot
The groundbreaking
bringing out the tree ring
Daddy making a dent on the hole
Julia checking the soil quality
Child labor... they are obnoxiously slow and inefficient, but the price is right.
We're ready for the tree!
Tree is in - filling the hole back up
helping daddy rake the rest of the dirt around the base
Want to see the finished product? Come back Thursday!
