What a fun weekend we had! Saturday morning I woke up waaaay too early (6:30) and just couldn't sleep anymore, so I went outside and started on a front landscaping project that took the whole entire morning. Grass has been growing in our landscaped rocks, so I pulled up all the rocks, put down new landscape fabric and then replaced the rocks. It took me about six hours to do six feet.
Ok - that part wasn't so fun, but it looks really nice now, and I'm glad it's done! Shortly after I finished, the mailman came with a huge box containing our glider! I put it together and it is AWESOME! I'm glad it's so comfy - I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time together.
After showering and a late lunch, Ted and I went down to U-Brew to bottle our first batch of beer, which we started three weeks ago under the supervision of the U-Brew staff :) We filled 49 bottles of "C-Dawg Stout" - which is an Irish Stout. We did some shopping after that, and then came home to try our first batch of beer in our own kitchen. Right now there's a batch of "Well Red" beer fermenting in the nursery. It's the warmest room in the house, if we keep the door closed, so that's the default brewery until she gets here. Well Red is a red beer, and will be ready to drink at the end of June.
Sunday (today) was super lazy. I was back at it in the front yard, this time picking all the dead, curled dandelions that remained after ChemLawn came and sprayed. We HOPED that by having them out, all we would have to do is mow up the dandes, but they're too low profile for the mower deck, so I went out with my trusty bucket and kept filling it up until the front yard was clear of the weeds.
After lunch and a nap, Ted and I headed to Rosemount to see Josh and Jasmine (see pic). Jasmine was my college roommate, and is due three weeks before me :) We're having fun doing this pregnancy thing together, and look forward to exploring motherhood together too!
I hope everyone has a great coming week! ~ Cara
Sunday, May 20, 2007
5-20-07 What a weekend!
Posted by Cara at Sunday, May 20, 2007
