CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

10-30-10 friends and fun!

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. Life at the Schmidt house is BUSY! But we still love taking pictures and spending time doing things we enjoy. Madeleine is SLOWLY adding dance class to that list. This past Wednesday I only went in for about three minutes. As soon as she started doing her warmups and twirling, I left and she was fine. Please do notice the, um, "fuller" tutu. She insisted on wearing both her stand alone tutu, as well as her leotard with the built in tutu. So does that make it a four/four? An Eight? Ted and I weren't sure. And actually - it looked just fine :)

On Friday night, we headed to KTTC-TV to do some trick-or-treating with Ted's co-workers. Our sweet bear is a chef this year, thanks to the adorable chef outfit that Babs made her for her birthday last year. A little flour on the cheeks, a kitchen towel on the cauldron and a whisk completed her look. I think she's adorable! Julia is equally cute as a pumpkin.

Madeleine is good about sharing her loot with Daddy. I think that "eating their Halloween candy" is maybe number seven on the list of why Ted wanted kids.
Today was a BEAUTIFUL fall day! So we decided to go for a family walk. Or run - depending on if you're 3 or 34 (or 37). Madeleine made the choices when we got to corners. Since we didn't really have a time line or agenda, it was a nice way to spend some family time. She walked Lucy a little, then Kellie, and then went back to running.

After we got back from our walk, we packed up the car and the girls and I headed to Rosemount to meet Ruby Ackerman and play with Noel. Madeleine slept all the way there, and was a little groggy when we arrived, but she perked up when her buddy noel suggested they play outside on the swingset. Jazz and I followed and enjoyed watching the kids playing so nicely together. They really get along well! Noel is still a good head taller than Madeleine - so it was quite the shock to all of us when it turned out that miss Ruby was 8 lbs 1 oz - the smallest birth weight of the four kids! I was actually visiting to take newborn clothes up to Ruby b/c she just swims in everything else. Poor girl :) LOL.

So here's just the first of what I'm sure will be many, many pictures of Julia and Ruby together. For once, *I* have the bigger kid! Of course, Julia has 10 weeks on Ruby, but we'll take any advantage we can :)
And the four of them. No babies were dropped on their heads in the making of this picture.
And the six of us!