CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

5-8-11 Happy Mother's Day!

I rarely toot my own horn here on the Schmdit Family blog, but I'm pretty proud of myself today. I completed my very first 5K run. I had set a goal of finishing in under 40 minutes, so was extremely pleased to come in at 36 minutes and 5 seconds! I am so thankful that I have a loving and supportive husband who has not only encouraged my training, but who kept track of both girls while I ran AND took pictures! What an amazing man I've got :) There were THOUSANDS of participants in the 5K run (I want to say 6,000, but it could have been 8,000) and many times more people walking. The total number between the run and walk was 55 thousand people. Can you believe that?! It's an astonishing amount of bodies. I'm amazed at how smoothly everything went, despite the volume of participants and their supporters. I posted a picture from their website from last year's run, and that's pretty much what it looked like in person today.

After the race, we had a lovely brunch buffet in Eagan at Granite City Brew Pub. Then it was home again, home again. We're ready for a family nap (getting up at 4:15 a.m. will set you up for a nap....) and have no plans this afternoon. What a blissful Mother's Day!

And to all the other mothers who read our blog - Happy Mother's Day to you! I am blessed to have many wonderful role models of kind and loving mothers. Thank you for being wonderful.