CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

8-26-11 backlog :)

 Bath time!  Our sweet Jewel LOVES water - just like her big sister.  It took her a while, though, she screamed like bloody murder through her first several MONTHS of baths.

 On Wednesday, Kim hosted "WOWWW" night - Work on Whatever With Wine.  All the ladies got together and crafted projects for the St. Luke's craft fair on September 18th.  (http://stlukesrochester.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/craft-fair-volunteers-needed1.jpg)  Elizabeth made an ADORABLE scarecrow/pumpkin decoration, Jaime is knitting a gorgeous scarf and Kim was working on really lovely cards.  I wanted something mindless that wouldn't inhibit the wine drinking, so I made a couple of tutus. I made two that night, have made two more since, and have materials for one or two more.  Madeleine is completely salivating over one, though, so she may end up with the last one I make.


She loves the tutus so much that she pulled out the one I made when she was an infant... and slept in it.  Also in her princess dress and (in the background) you can also see her rainbow crown.  She's so cute!
 Julia woke up while I was taking pictures of M, and I had to get a picture of her too :)  Is she the sweetest?!

Yesterday morning, we went to a visitation for a former colleague's father, who passed away.  Madeleine wanted braids and pony tails and ribbons.  So, we did all three! 

One thing Madeleine has really been enjoying lately is making her own food.  Her repertoire is pretty limited, but she is a big helper!  She's also a big eater when she makes it herself, so we encourage her to get involved!  Here, she's cutting up hotdogs for Mac and Cheese, and in the next couple pictures, she's making her P, B & J breakfast for the morning!    She really did a great job, and I didn't have to help at all!  (aside from opening jars and getting out the bread.)  



Enjoy!