On Madeleine's birthday yesterday she opened two final presents (the rest she opened at her party last weekend). Amma and Appa gave her a Dora backpack, lunch bag and water bottle!! She loves them! Mommy and Daddy gave her a Repunzle dress, just like Tangled! And what could be better than wearing them together!
We started Vacation Bible School this week! I'm amazed at our leader's energy and enthusiasm - and we're having fun. We start with all the kids together in a big room, do some singing and dancing, then do small group work, reconvene for a "half time show" and snack then do small group work and return to the big room to wrap up. It goes from 6-8:00 and we're exhausted when it's done! I'm helping with M's group - there are six four and five year olds. Luckily, Madeleine's friend Ben goes to the Lutheran church, and that's one of the four we do our camp with, so that's made the whole experience a lot more fun for her, I think.
And, sniff... sniff... tomorrow is Julia's big day!! She'll be one in almost exactly twelve hours. Our sweet bear! I can't believe how fast time flies. So here, for one final time, is Julia's weekly picture. Week 52.
