CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

3-13-10 trying out the ponies....

We got a new camera this week and have been having fun playing with it! I finally bit the bullet and, as a reward to myself for teaching classes at RCTC, bought a Canon Rebel XSi with a fancy macro lens (50mm f/1.8, for those "in the know"). I have another lens (one that zooms, a 28-90mm F/4-5.6, for the techy among us) and a bag coming later this week. I've posted some fun pictures I've taken the last couple of days with the silver monster. I was playing with natural light/flash and light positioning with the coloring pictures. The "clear subject/fuzzy background" effect is called "bokah".

In other news... we're going to try going to the store with Madeleine in big girl panties (or ponies, as she calls them). We just pottied, and Ted is taking the dogs out, then we'll go. Wish us luck! I'll post an update when we return. Don't worry, though, all the stuffed animals have diapers on - so at least some of our population has a safety net!