CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 27, 2007

1-27-07 Ahhh... maternity pants.

Well - week 12 begins tomorrow and today I broke down and bought some maternity yoga pants. All I can say is "Ahhhhhh....." I have such a tender stomach/sensitive skin at night that I don't want any elastic around my waist, and these pants are like heaven. They have a drawstring so that they don't hit the floor when I start to walk, but they're just the right amount of "looseness." Frankly, I don't think that they're very "maternity," and they certainly won't fit me come July/August, but they're just perfect for this middle time. I sure hope Ted likes them, because I have a feeling that he'll be seeing a lot of these pants.

I have gained a total of 1.5 pounds since finding out that I'm pregnant. Thankfully, the Skittle binge didn't do much damage. Just as a side bar, I did not barf Skittles. I thought I was going to, but I refrained. I have to admit, though, that Skittle burps are much more pleasant than, say, taco burps. Just a little "urp... mmm - fruity!" I say this with complete authority and personal experience.

Just as a heads up, Ted, BS and I have a very exciting appointment coming up this week (the last of my first trimester). After much thoughtful consideration, we decided to go forward with a first trimester test. During this appointment, I'll have blood drawn, and there will be an ultrasound done. The u/s tech will do some very careful, specific measurements of BS to see if we have positive markers for Down syndrome. We would not terminate the pregnancy if we had positive markers, but we would like to be prepared and informed.

I'm sure I'll be posting pictures Wednesday night - so come on back and check out how much BS has grown!

Cara