Yesterday was just wonderful! We had a beautiful, elegant shower, hosted by the equally beautiful and elegant Stacy, Elizabeth and Mom. I don't know how they do it, but I'm envious of their party planning and execution skills :) It was so nice to see so many people from different areas of our lives, all gathered to celebrate Madeleine! She is so lucky to have such a wonderful extended family.
Thanks in large part to everyone's generosity, we are all set for Princess Madeleine's arrival! Ted and I still need to purchase her changing table/dresser and will be getting a travel system soon, but those are really just icing on the cake. We could bring her home tomorrow and be just fine! How scary/exciting/wonderful/frightening is that?
Jasmine was able to make the shower (as you can see) and I think this is going to be the last belly picture. From here on out, we'll be taking pictures of our kids together as they grow! Speaking of which - Madeleine is due NEXT MONTH! Can you believe it? How time flies! Baby Boy Ackerman is due in 17 days - although Jasmine would welcome him earlier. Like tomorrow. Please. Come on already... :)We are also very optimistic about our day care situation. We had a provider all set up, and then she called us and said that she will not be practicing after August, so we had to start the search all over! Based on a recommendation from a work friend, we have an interview next Tuesday. The recommended day care provider and I talked on the phone, and she seems just wonderful, so I'm really hoping that the interview goes well and we can have that decision made and done with. Apparently there was some kind of baby boom, so infant care in the fall is very difficult to come by these days! Keep your fingers crossed for a good meeting.
I continue to do very well physically. I have no big complaints about the discomfort of pregnancy. I've actually dodged quite a few bullets, and feel just fantastic! My feet get a little puffy at night (I call them the stay-puff marshmallow feet) but they're really, really not that bad. I don't have the stereotypical "cankles" most of the time, and I'm very thankful for that! lol.
Have a great week everyone! ~ Cara

