Today was an amazing day!! It started right when I got to work, and my lovely, wonderful co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower! It was a really lovely celebration of Julia's pending arrival. On my lunch hour, I went and met Charlie Larsen :) He's such a little doll! If I didn't already have baby fever, it would have been kicked into high gear today. Holding that sweet baby boy made me even MORE excited for Tuesday's big arrival.
On the way home, Ted and I touched base and decided it was such a nice night that we should go to Whistle Binkies on the Lake for dinner. Madeleine LOVES their popcorn, and we found out that her giraffe Tip Top likes it too... and enjoys a fine Guinness, as well.
After dinner, Madeleine and I went down to the beach while Ted finished his beer. We wound up playing down there for almost half an hour. Before I could stop her, Madeleine sat in the water - since she was already wet, when she asked if she could go swimming, I said "sure" and she ran and played in the water until it was time to come home. Thankfully, we had a spare outfit in the car! We changed her and came home, then she took a bath to wash off the grime and is now in bed. It's been a long, but really, really lovely day.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
8-5-10 An unexpectedly WONDERFUL day!
Posted by Cara at Thursday, August 05, 2010
