CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

12-18-06 First Appointments



We had our first appointment on Monday, December 18th. Because we’d been trying for several months, and we’re both over 30, Dr. Traynor just wanted to confirm that everything looked good. We went into the ultrasound room and I think Ted was a little taken aback when the tech gave me a sheet to use as a skirt, and got out the ultrasound wand for the internal. Ted had the delightful job of trying to figure out how he was going to see the screen and NOTHING ELSE :) . The sheet worked fine, and we were able to see the little heartbeat pounding away! What a breathtaking moment. BS has a heart rate of 103 BPM (anything over 80 at this point is good).

On Tuesday, I went in by myself and had my nurse’s visit where we went over health history and just about everything else you can imagine. I came away with quite the pile of literature.