I came in to work early on Tuesday to share our news. Having seen the heartbeat, we felt pretty confidant that I could tell the people I work closely with. I brought in the ultrasound pictures, to show people. The first one I told was my supervisor, Linda. I went into her office first thing and asked her if she wanted to see some pictures we took yesterday. She took one look and jumped out of her chair to give me a big hug. She was very excited for us. That theme ran throughout the day :). Next, I showed Deb, my co-worker. She hugged me, started tearing up and said that she KNEW it and that she and two other co-workers (Jess and Jenn) had been talking and all decided last week I was pregnant! I was tickled pink with their reaction and wanted to know how they "knew." They compiled a little list of clues for me including:
- I was yawning whenever Deb walked past my desk
- I didn’t drink at our recent Christmas party…
- I was perpetually cold
- I was perpetually hungry
- Apparently my boobs are bigger/fuller (seriously? you checkin' me out Deb? lol :)
- I just seemed "different"
I showed the rest of our work group and people close to me throughout the day and received similar happy reactions (hugs and congratulations). It was really fun to have such wonderful news to share. Overall it was a great morning/day at work.
