CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

12-18-06 Signs and Symptoms

So far, I feel great. I haven’t been sick or exhausted. Now granted, as I write this, I’m only 6 weeks along, so I’ve got a long road ahead, but so far, so good.

I have noticed a couple of things that I am attributing to Baby Schmidt (BS for short). First clue – the GI issues (gas and constipation). I had NO CLUE that was a delightful by-product of pregnancy. Lovely. Second, I was cold ALL THE TIME! I have taken to wearing wool sweaters and turtlenecks every day. I’m running out of options for clothes, but at least I’m finally warm. Lastly, very few foods sound appetizing to me at this point. I don’t really have cravings, per say, but when something sounds good, I usually try to act on that, because the thought of anything else makes me a feel a little green. Currently, Snappy Stop California Burgers are a favorite – YUM! The burgers come loaded with lettuce, tomato (!), pickles, mayo, onion, catsup, burger and big fluffy buns. Just about anything else I have to force myself to eat. I also go from starving to full really quickly. I choke down mac and cheese and applesauce for lunch, just so I have something – and I try to graze on animal crackers and Teddy Grahams throughout the day so I’m never really starving.